Monday, July 15, 2024

I Found It At Last!

In a blog post years ago I described an unidentifiable whale I saw come down the port side of the ship I was standing watch on. I looked for the blog post but I gave up finding it, so you simply have to take my word for it (sorry). There was no description of this whale in the cetacean identification book I have. I described it as looking like a giant bottlenose dolphin, as long as a container (which I had plenty of for reference), and it had a calf with it. The calf was bigger than a dolphin, too. 

 I have wondered about that critter for the last decade. 

I saw an article about a very rare whale, today, with a photograph showing the exact beastie I saw and described in that blog post - a spade-toothed whale.


So now I know - I saw a spade-toothed whale and her calf.  The mystery is solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment