Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Imported cat.
So after the whirlwind of flights that mercifully bypass all those fly-over states, I am now aboard my ship and all my stuff stowed in my quarters.  I was given a comprehensive tour of the ship's areas of my limited concerns- gym, galley, pool, private quarters, lifeboat #1, emergency response, and the bridge coffee area and steering (apparently, making coffee rates as more important than steering the ship, so both menial jobs fall to me, with strict instructions on the coffee and "do what the Mate tells you" on steering).

There are 7 floors above the main deck (my quarters are on 3rd, starboard), and as my mate gave me the ropes of the mechanics of the ship, he also gave me the low-down of the politics and what I could expect to see.  Apparently this is a very competent, qualified, easy to work with bunch- something I could readily tell from my years in the trades.  Also, that there is one guy I met , a "weasel," who will probably "burn out" before we leave the eastern seaboard.  I have to say I am appreciative to know immediately where I stand here, and the message is overt- "Don't be a dick.  Dicks don't last."

I'm so glad I'm not a dick.  Interesting note- I feel like a dwarf... the people I am crewing with are 6'-0", 6'-2", and 6'-3"...

No comments:

Post a Comment