Monday, July 7, 2014

Info and Trouble- but not MY trouble

So I am on here for 3 voyages, each voyage lasting about 32 days, stopping in Hono, Guam, 3 ports in China- including Shanghai- and then back to the mainland to I believe Oakland and LA- but I might be wrong about Oakland.  Not much more info, but a little more.

We were supposed to be underway by 0400, but while I was being introduced to the bridge by one of the daymen (he's a "Book," or an A class sailor) the Old Man announced over the PA that the Mate wouldn't be setting the sailing board in the morning (a rules thing)- and it looks like we'll be underway by 1630 tomorrow, instead.

My new quarters- for reference, look back a few days for comparison...

The other side of my quarters- note the x-box above the closet.

My private head.

Different than my other two ships, this room faces fore and aft- Behold
my view!  Keep in mind- once those containers are piled up- what it will
look like come morning....
So far this seems like an incredibly chill bunch... according to all, the Bosun is chill, the Mate is chill, and the Old Man actually has his cat with him- a bright-eyed thing named Scratchy.  Laura wasn't impressed- she forbid me to bring Nightmare, no matter.  Two of the Hawaiians who were in the hall when I threw down for the job were here doing standby work, so we hung out a bit at coffee and lunch.  One of the guys was trying to convince the other to throw down for a stint- once he gets his "situation handled-" what sounded like a little tiny bit of assault.  As "Pony" explained, "He's a good man, him, but trouble found him one time..."



No comments:

Post a Comment