Friday, May 30, 2014

Never Say Never

I said I'd never come back to this ship again, but here I am, proving that you really, really should never say never.  My being here for a short period is helping so many people in a tight spot, though, I couldn't (in good conscience) say "no."  For a Short.  Period.  Of time.

Having said that- there are several people aboard it has been fun to catch up with- workmates who became facebook "friends" who have become work-friends.  And this ship drives like a skiff- it's hardly work.  And they pay me to do it.  Right now, though, I am done.  Travelled all yesterday, got in at 0130 this morning, unpacked and showered, tossed and turned for a few hours, then got up at 0515 to kick this ship off the dock... I've been working ever since (that would be a pleasant 7 hours of overtime, thank you very much).  And I really have nothing more to add to that except I am going to go to bed and sleep like a bag of potatoes.


This is the pen with which I'm going to write "Never Say Never"
 on my hand.  Yes, in non-military approved red.

No comments:

Post a Comment