Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Lists

I forgot to mention:

In the North Atlantic, 1000 nautical miles due south of Iceland and 500 nautical miles due west of Glasgow, are seamounts with the following names:  Fangorn Bank (719m), Rohan Mt. (1698m), Gondor Mt. (2229m), Eriador Mt. (1768m), and Lorien Knoll (997m).  Seems someone was a Tolkien fan?

300 nautical miles north of Madeira and 700 miles east-by-southeast of the Azores are seamounts with the names Lion Bank, Dragon Bank, and Unicorn Bank.

On one ECDIS display (that is the electronic chart with AIS) I saw all of the following ship names and thought I would borrow them for some of the vessels in my personal armada:  Federal Hunter, Warrior, Quest, and Sealand Comet.

Reposting a photo of my ship purely for graphical purposes.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps Tolkien was a North Atlantic fan?

    ReplyDelete