Saturday, November 10, 2012

More Sleep Deprivation

In and out of Egypt, viewed from a vantage point at the top of the gangway
where I stood security watch. Swarms of vendors who cannot take "no" for an
answer hocking "internet connection" and fake iphones and tablets, asking
for cigarettes, and generally being pains in the ass.

Right now "on the hook" waiting to go through the canal... my watch while at
anchor is "anchor watch," (chain at 10 o'clock, moderate to heavy strain) on
the hour, "security watch" on the half hour (all clear).

Sleep deprived from docking and casting off in such a short period of time-
the refer has the house so cold I'm wearing a jacket and hat in my quarters.
Feels great out on the deck, though. I've been sleeping in my clothes on
the couch in my room because of the toxic nature of the laundry and my
resulting hives, and the cold air blowing in my room. No, I can't shut it
off- you think I didn't check?

Some days I just have to ask myself "WTF am I doing?" Whelp... time to go
do my security check. Think I'll find some coffee to take with me- it
counteracts the benadryl (exactly not at all). "Bridge... security watch...
1430. All Clear."

No comments:

Post a Comment