Saturday, November 3, 2012

Good Light Show

Currently at 37d20.244'N 012d32.833'W turning 18 knots. Got on the bridge
tonight to 0 visibility and multiple vessels crossing and meeting in various
ways. My watch partner, the Academy Boy, proceded to instruct me NOT to use
the RADAR (which is required by the rules to be used) and to foul up a very
straight forward meeting situation. I turned over my watch to my relief
with a spectacular lightning display going on.

I got six hours of sleep earlier! Regardless, I am still nodding off right
now... I have discovered if I skip dinner I can get an extra 45 minutes of
sleep. My only other option is to not take all the overtime opportunities,
which I am loath to do. Basically, the choices are sleep, food, or money-
pick two.

Crazy dreams of late- last night was of taking a ship upriver and the pilot
running it aground. Interestingly, during the entire dream I was driving a
car on a street adjacent to the river trying to get a good look at the ship
and the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment